Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Reflections on NoteFlight

Finale has been my only method of music notation for over 20 years. During that time, I’ve suggested Finale Notepad to my lesson students whenever they’ve asked about a music notation program or when they start working on transposing hymns or other music to play for church services, etc. The assignment for this week was the first time I’ve encountered NoteFlight. While my brain is currently wired to work in Finale, I found NoteFlight quite easy to use. I really like that it is web based and that students can use it for free, with an option to upgrade if they would like. There are many online tutorials to help first time users get started, which means students can explore the possibilities on their own. The sharing capabilities are very nice as well. I love that students are be able to share their creations and get feedback from others. I think NoteFlight has become my new suggestion for students looking for a way to create professional looking printouts of their own creations and arrangements.

Here is a link to my NoteFlight assignment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About